The current view from my window.
My eight year-old self would be appalled to learn that my 21 year-old self has come to fear snow. Once a master igloo creator, I now cringe at the thought of the shoveling, the overly-salted sidewalks, the feeling of having on four shirts at once…
That said, a snowy day brings with it a blessing. There really are few other circumstances that dictate you are free to bunker down and draw as close to hibernation as humanly possible.
So, here are a few ideas to pleasantly waste time, worry not, and chill out.
- Download coloring book pages and go IN. I’ve had this page of Sailor Moon coloring pages bookmarked for years.
- Investigate your local library’s website. I guarantee it’s buried treasure. The New York Public Library, for example, gives you online access to tons of amazing archive images, art, an e-books.
- Knit the quick and squishy Wonder Woman Beanie and Cowl. At least you’ll have some armor in case you have to go outside and get the mail.
- Glimore Girls Netflix marathon.
- Watch Dachshunds fight crime.
- Try one of these 27 ridiculously simple beauty DIYs. Only two ingredients each!
- Investigate some cool subreddits! Though reddit may be known as the land of male right’s activism and bronies, there are actually tons of specialized sub-forums that are really interesting. Try searching for your city or hobby.
- Make a Pinterest board planning your dream adventure.
- Practice a language on Duolingo.
- Reactivate your old Neopets account. You know you’ve always dreamed of it.
- Use 8tracks.com to make some nifty themed playlists.
- Learn the Single Ladies dance routine.
3 thoughts on “12 Things to Do When You’re Snowed in”
this is all girly stuff to do
I know right? What a relief!